Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just hit 300 miles on the quad and the engine is bedding in nicely. First oil and filter change and with hardly any swarf on the drain plug and oil still a good golden hue, I’m thinking it could have gone the distance before replacement.

Very impressed with the performance and handling of the bike so far as I start to stretch it’s legs - 75 mph briefly seen on the display, riding uphill on pavement and with nothing untoward going on in the steering department with the DPS set to medium.

Anyhow, we’re in COVID lockdown for at least a couple of months, and while it doesn’t restrict my shooting and hunting, social activities are limited so more time available in the workshop and a bit more money to spend on it! ;) Upshot is that I’m looking ahead to the 1k service interval and the possibility of playing with a pipe upgrade - either the Yoshimura or RJWC single, (although their crossflow split dual setup does look good).

RJWC Crossflow Dual

So questions to you good folks are if there are any pros or cons with either? I read a lot of reports on here regarding lean running and excess heat from these bikes. Is this addressed with the 2021 models because it’s not something I’m experiencing? And going on from that would an EFI tuner such as the one from RJWC be required?

EFI Tuner

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just hit 300 miles on the quad and the engine is bedding in nicely. First oil and filter change and with hardly any swarf on the drain plug and oil still a good golden hue, I’m thinking it could have gone the distance before replacement.

Very impressed with the performance and handling of the bike so far as I start to stretch it’s legs - 75 mph briefly seen on the display, but uphill and with nothing untoward going on in the steering department.

Anyhow, we’re in COVID lockdown for at least a couple of months, and while it doesn’t restrict my shooting and hunting, social activities are limited so more time available in the workshop and a bit more money to spend on it! ;) Upshot is that I’m looking ahead to the 1k service interval and the possibility of playing with a pipe upgrade - either the Yoshimura or RJWC single, (although their crossflow split dual setup does look good).

So questions to you good folks are if there are any pros or cons with either? I read a lot of reports on here regarding lean running and excess heat from these bikes. Is this addressed with the 2021 models because it’s not something I’m experiencing? And going on from that would an EFI tuner such as the one from RJWC be required?
I am new to this modding quads thing, but from what I researched a fuel tuner or ecu reflash is important to get with an exhaust. That being said you can either get one of those pre-programmed fuel tuners or reflash the ecu. (I will probably go the ecu reflash from wholesaleatv and a big gun evo u.) Apparently the ecu reflash has more options to your setup and needs. Whereas, a fuel tuner you are only limited to what the company has pre-installed on them. Plus, the ecu reflash is still your ecu not a blinky box to get wet and not having to run to new harnesses to existing plugins. And the lean issue from what I read wont go away because they have to adjust the emissions to meet pollution standards. Just from my findings at this point.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
107 Posts
You can't go wrong with either , the build quality is top notch on both, so it depends on your taste . I run the Yoshi pipe myself ( without tuner) with 100 octane fuel and got no backfire at all . But i'm still considering a fuel tuner .
Only downside the yoshi does not have a quiet core available for it .

Reactions: Jungleman and Orion

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
220 Posts
RJWC with their latest quiet-core then,older qcs make a LOT of noice.
Easy to disassemble ,4 umbracos to loosen aluminium back end,no need to drill rivets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Reactions: Synthetic

·
Registered
220 Posts
With EFI tuner?
Nope,when i get the time i will check a/f ratio.
If i get the time.😅
It runs cooler now,compared to original "Bosal catalytic muffler".
No backfiring/popping.

RJWC if you want to easily get quiet core,"installed/uninstalled"(and for the wonderful welds,mmm😉)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Check that you get the latest modified QC,like this.Original QC has this end wide open.
Screenshot_20210110-164215.png

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information. (y)

Does the Quiet Core come as standard with the RJWC exhausts, or is it an add-on?

Interesting that you don’t feel the need for an EFI tuner (at the moment;)) as that would save a few pennies. My dealer ‘de-restricted’ the ECU prior to delivery but I assume that was to simply take off any speed limiter as it’s a T model.

Currently leaning towards the RJWC Crossflow Split Dual system.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the information. (y)

Does the Quiet Core come as standard with the RJWC exhausts, or is it an add-on?

Interesting that you don’t feel the need for an EFI tuner (at the moment;)) as that would save a few pennies. My dealer ‘de-restricted’ the ECU prior to delivery but I assume that was to simply take off any speed limiter as it’s a T model.

Currently leaning towards the RJWC Crossflow Split Dual system.
Quiet core as standard(at least in Sweden)

I

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fueltuner need... Different opinions regarding this,i have to check a/f ratio😅Still annoying not knowing ratio.But it runs cooler now,with original setup you felt radiated heat a whole lot more.
BTW,anyone that know if you can have 2 lambdas inline, within 10 centimeters...Interference?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fueltuner need... Different opinions regarding this,i have to check a/f ratio😅Still annoying not knowing ratio.But it runs cooler now,with original setup you felt radiated heat a whole lot more.
BTW,anyone that know if you can have 2 lambdas inline, within 10 centimeters...Interference?
better would be one for every cylinder at each pipe, (one before the pipes get together)

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: after careful consideration, and helpful advice on this thread and elsewhere, I’ve decided on the RJWC Crossflow Dual setup. Only fly in the ointment is our recent withdrawal from the EU and the effect that Brexit has on importation from member states. RJWC are currently still imposing 25% VAT (sales tax) until they receive clarification on how us upstart offshore Britishers should be treated! All the while our U.K. customs indicate that our own 20% VAT will also be levied on imports from EU States! So a double whammy at the moment even though I would claim one set of tax through the business - gonna put it on hold until the desk pilots sort their flight plans out.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. (y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update: after careful consideration, and helpful advice on this thread and elsewhere, I’ve decided on the RJWC Crossflow Dual setup. Only fly in the ointment is our recent withdrawal from the EU and the effect that Brexit has on importation from member states. RJWC are currently still imposing 25% VAT (sales tax) until they receive clarification on how us upstart offshore Britishers should be treated! All the while our U.K. customs indicate that our own 20% VAT will also be levied on imports from EU States! So a double whammy at the moment even though I would claim one set of tax through the business - gonna put it on hold until the desk pilots sort their flight plans out.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. (y)
Ouch that hurts 😬 but well worth it I’m working w Rjwc now as I’m in the US the time zone thing stinks it’s hard for me to answer while at work and the seem to email back at the end of their day it puts me at emailing them around 12am their time so other than that they have been helpful their latest has been they have another piece that is made for another exhaust w same OD that’s a bigger clamp they want me to try waiting for their response tomorrow and I suppose they will be sending it I will share the video I sent them so you can see and get an idea also my right pipes smoked which I thought was odd since it wasn’t the direct pipe also seems to have more flow and be the warmer of the 2 which surprised me but Rjwc said that was common w brand new pipes especially w it being cold and the new pipe getting hot building up moisture 🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess we will see sorry for the long post just trying to get it all in lol may add more if I think of anything

1 - 20 of 36 Posts