Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine smokes like that too when cold(single muffler).
One question,does it feel as it is the same flow out of each muffler?
Maybe hard to feel that...
No the right muffler is definitely a better flow which is mind boggling you would think the left being straight on would have more flow

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmmm....now I'm thinking I will stick with Yoshi on my new bike. BTW can I put a Yoshi on a 2021 XMR 1000 Renegade? I have one on my 2018 XXC 1000.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmm....now I'm thinking I will stick with Yoshi on my new bike. BTW can I put a Yoshi on a 2021 XMR 1000 Renegade? I have one on my 2018 XXC 1000.
To each their own I don’t have yoshi but from what I see they are decent Rjwc is definitely a top notch company no knocks on the quality at all and the deepness of the sound is awesome yoshi to me sound more peppy Rjwc is a roar I have had my hiccups w it being loose on the right side and I’m assuming as of now they are going to correct it the single/left pipes lock right up my left pipe is tight as a nun...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I want the rjwc duals but i don't want my exhaust flopping around. Shit the way I ride it would fly off.

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
220 Posts
I want the rjwc duals but i don't want my exhaust flopping around. Shit the way I ride it would fly off.
I agree!
But can it be that it needs to "move around" due to thermal expansion?
To not put stress on the system?

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I agree!
But can it be that it needs to "move around" due to thermal expansion?
To not put stress on the system?
Shouldn’t be necessary - I have a few V Twin motorcycles and the header pipes, expansion boxes or splitter pipes, and back to the ‘silencers’ (they don’t! ;) ) are all rigidly connected. The mufflers themselves are hung on flexible rubber mounts, so all in all exactly the same as the RWJC system should be. I can’t help but think that the problem @Vbsalt is having with the misaligned and flexing muffler is down to an issue with a wrongly sized pipe, socket or clamp. Hopefully to be sorted in short order by RJWC as I can’t see anyone having a bad installation on YouTube or elsewhere.

BTW. RJWC have been working on the ‘double whammy’ VAT issue and I should hopefully be able to place my order later today.🤞

·
Registered
47 Posts
Shouldn’t be necessary - I have a few V Twin motorcycles and the header pipes, expansion boxes or splitter pipes, and back to the ‘silencers’ (they don’t! ;) ) are all rigidly connected. The mufflers themselves are hung on flexible rubber mounts, so all in all exactly the same as the RWJC system should be. I can’t help but think that the problem @Vbsalt is having with the misaligned and flexing muffler is down to an issue with a wrongly sized pipe, socket or clamp. Hopefully to be sorted in short order by RJWC as I can’t see anyone having a bad installation on YouTube or elsewhere.

BTW. RJWC have been working on the ‘double whammy’ VAT issue and I should hopefully be able to place my order later today.🤞

Well well well they are sending me new clamp probably won’t solve my issue and probably isn’t needed but they are awesome people and doing it anyway hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can get out there and see what is really going on just an FYI (what my problem is more than likely) I put the copper paste they send out on my pipe the instructions said to put it on the first pipe/connections and all the other said just the clamp but I said hmm maybe I missed something and went ahead and added it to the inside of the pipes as well (bad move all my fault) they said that is likely my problem bc it acts as a lubricant and won’t let the pipes tighten completely but hey shit happens (👈🏻Their words lol) I’ll report back this weekend w the answer on the movement 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
47 Posts
it’s not floppy and I am the least bit worried of it flying off I ride pretty hard as well it has just a slight movement up and down the way it bolts on it wouldn’t just fly off I just hated it had any movement hopefully I remedy that this weekend and I’ll take 110% responsibility right now it’s about 75% 😂

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm staying tuned. I love RJWC exhausts and want the duals on my new bike.

Reactions: Synthetic

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm staying tuned. I love RJWC exhausts and want the duals on my new bike.
I like the aluminium end part,both looks and finish.Easy to disassemble,but might be easier to fall off...

Removed the copper paste... I also pulled the extension pipe down to barely fit in and clamped it (this pipe also added copper paste but didn’t move) this gave me a better angle on the right connection and allowed me to line them up better(that’s just me being picky they were barely off I was the only one who really noticed it but it ercked me... tightened everything up(with out the copper paste) low and behold no movement and looks much better

·
Registered
368 Posts
Removed the copper paste... I also pulled the extension pipe down to barely fit in and clamped it (this pipe also added copper paste but didn’t move) this gave me a better angle on the right connection and allowed me to line them up better(that’s just me being picky they were barely off I was the only one who really noticed it but it ercked me... tightened everything up(with out the copper paste) low and behold no movement and looks much better
Can you post some pics?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts