Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 Outlander 1000 XT, and I just added the Yoshimura exhaust. I'm going to get the PCV and have it dyno tuned. It costs $400 to have the dyno done.

If anyone has similar specs, and has done this, I will easily pay you $25-50 to send your map to me.

If not, I'm going to do the dyno next week and have my own map made. Contact me if you want to buy my map.

Reactions: Pole15

·
Registered
672 Posts
Prize, although there are many variables to each individual tune, I applaud your proposal, its high time we started sharing the tunes especially with stockish bikes. I cannot see that much diff on a tune with an air box mod and an exhaust. I run a fuel monster from Monster products or I would share. Cheers man.

Reactions: Pole15

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mudder! You said it perfectly. I don't think everyone should be out spending $400 to get their bike tuned, when someone with similar specs has a map and can share it. Again, I'd easily pay for someone's map, since they have a good chuck of change invested. But it sounds like I'll be the one doing the sharing/selling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got my atv back from Straightline Performance last week. They put my bike on the dyno, and made a custom fuel map for my Power Commander V. I thought it ran pretty good without the tuner, but now it runs great! I was shocked to see how steep and dramatic some of the numbers in the fuel table are. I'm glad I decided to get this done instead of going without a tuner, especially after seeing that.

I have a 2013 Outlander 1000 XT, stock filter, snorkels, and a Yoshimura slip-on with the spark arrestor removed. Jason from Straightline said that tires, clutch work, Rad kit, or any mods unrelated to the air flow won't change the map numbers.

Like I said in previous posts, if you have similar specs and want to run my map, I'll sell it for $25. I spent over $400 to have the map made, I'm not giving it away for free. I'd rather be the guy spending the $25 than $400.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just got my atv back from Straightline Performance last week. They put my bike on the dyno, and made a custom fuel map for my Power Commander V. I thought it ran pretty good without the tuner, but now it runs great! I was shocked to see how steep and dramatic some of the numbers in the fuel table are. I'm glad I decided to get this done instead of going without a tuner, especially after seeing that.

I have a 2013 Outlander 1000 XT, stock filter, snorkels, and a Yoshimura slip-on with the spark arrestor removed. Jason from Straightline said that tires, clutch work, Rad kit, or any mods unrelated to the air flow won't change the map numbers.

Like I said in previous posts, if you have similar specs and want to run my map, I'll sell it for $25. I spent over $400 to have the map made, I'm not giving it away for free. I'd rather be the guy spending the $25 than $400.
I'm interested.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of this guy? I can't get a response.. tried sending him a pm, tried sending him a message on ebay... nothing. :sad:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I never had a tuner in my atvs but always did on my street bikes. All the street bike forums for many years have been sharing maps for free!!
The maps included details of the file such as year make model, etc
Then mods if any elevation level, location, weather conditions and results.
Based on these details I could download and try several maps out. Sometimes maps worked better with parts listed that I didn't even have. It also has alot to do with who created the map on the dyno itself.
I think this is an excellent idea and should've been done a long time ago! Good post Prizefighter!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts