Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2016 xxc renegade few years back the original owner gave me a brand new Yoshimura slip on exhaust that he never installed. I am thinking installing it. Would I need to get my quad tunned or make any adjustments if I install the new Yoskimura exhaust?

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you search this topic, half will say that it doesn't need a fuel tuner. Others will say it will. I would lean more on the yes it needs one just because all of these machines run lean from factory which causes heat.

The fuel tuner will help a little. You're absolute best bet would to send in your ecu to get tuned for the modifications. I've heard good things about BNR and some others.

Personally I have the exhaust on mine and running a fuel tuner. I plan to send my ecu in to get it tuned this winter as I start XC racing in spring.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would definitely use something that adds fuel, if you were to use a dobeck style fuel controller also known as a blinky box i would not use anything other than one from jeff ross at Bom racing. if you do an ecm reflash there are many out there some add fuel and some don't, just make sure the one you get the person is able to add add fuel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I agree with the above statement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts