Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my summer tires i have come down to these two tires. I am most like going to run 27" S/W on stock rims. My question is which is a better choice? Swamp lite 27" kit for $399.80 or Zilla 27" kit for $451.80 I am looking for a tire that will last and do good in sand, some mud/water, hard packed trails, some rocks and pavement (obviously any tire will be eaten alive on pavement looking more for a smoother ride in this terrain). I have owned zillas and they did great. but for the price difference is it worth it? Looking for a smooth ride out of the tires.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Go with the Zillas if you like to do mud once in a while. If you primarily ride hard pack and rocks and very occasionally encounter mud (don't seek mud on purpose) then go with a Bear Claw HTR or Grim Reaper or Bighorn 2.
Under no circumstances buy a Sucklite. Been there, done that, my friends have been there and done that. Anyone that has these and recommends them needs their head examined. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard they suck but have also seen them do desent. wasnt sure how they did on hard packed, tight spacing on lugs make them look like they might be a smooth well wearing tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Swamp Lites on my machine cause everyone one else was running Mud Lites, and one is running Mud Zillas. He says the Zillas are a little rough on hard pack but man do they throw chunks :)
I like my Swamp Lites, good centre pattern, not as rough on hard pack. Only one season experience,, time will tell on wear.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
LoL I see someone reading this post named 'swamp lites' ... sorry man. These tires earned their name Suck Lites for me. Wore them out in 6 rides to the point that they were 1/2 tread and wouldn't turn so I was pushing in corners and had crappy traction.
They also cut sidewalls really easily. My first cut, I got new tires and gave the 3 good ones to a friend of mine. He used them all... why you ask, cuz he cut all his too. Suck lites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts