Can-Am ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Boss 800 6x6
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2020 and 2021 Outlander 1000 Max 6x6. I tried to order the 2022 Defender Limited 6x6 in February and in August they said I am now on the list for a 2023 (at some unspecified date). The supply chain junk is hard on almost everything I want to buy. Try to buy ammo right?

Anyway, I sold my two (2) 2010 Polaris Big Boss 6x6 for the Outlander and I'm very glad I upgraded. The Can-Am just seems to be built a lot stronger. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so i have attached a picture of both machines. And even thought the Polaris Big Boss worked great for hunting, (especially after I added a second radiator on the rear rack), the Can-Am worked even better. I bet you will enjoy yours as much as i have.

View attachment 108105

View attachment 108106
We only use our machines for work and also have/had a boss. I'm still trying for get our final cost and even if its been uncrated our not so as to get a picture. Our dealer seems like an organizational mess. :eek:

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,569 Posts
@Alaska Ken I gotta say, those pics made me chuckle. Really impressive, but also confusing, lol

You've given all 4 of those machines the "Mad Max" treatment, they just seem out of place sitting in pristine green lush and perfectly level manicured limestone :D

They look like they'd be more at home busting up beaver dams or knocking over trees in 10 foot snow drifts :p

Reactions: Freewill

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Alaska Ken I gotta say, those pics made me chuckle. Really impressive, but also confusing, lol

You've given all 4 of those machines the "Mad Max" treatment, they just seem out of place sitting in pristine green lush and perfectly level manicured limestone :D

They look like they'd be more at home busting up beaver dams or knocking over trees in 10 foot snow drifts :p
Point well taken,

The Big Boss picture was to put them up for sale this summer. The Outlander picture was before they saw any action. You never get them as clean as new again.

ArlyA, I hope you post pictures of your new ride. My new Defender 6x6 is in transit right now, 7 months and waiting.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,569 Posts
Talking about like for tying down for hauling on your trailer?

Isn't that bar above your winch roller the designated tie-down? Ops manual should specify, iirc.

Reactions: ArlyA

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have my trailers rigged for a center tie down and I use the winch to hold the front. I use a left and right strap for the back of the machine for a 3 point hold down.

I haul mine hunting on major frost heave roads and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
Boss 800 6x6
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
We move and use trailers on a regular bases and when I hooked up to one so as to unload pods from it, no steering. Ah! o_O By that I mean it went straight and skidded the front tires. Checked the tires PSI, I found 12 in them all which is much more than we ever used in our Boss. I reduced the center axle tires down to 8 and found the steerage much improved. What are you folks using for PSI?? Anyone else using trailers?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Outlander 6x6
218 Posts
I don't own the longer XT or XP or whatever the new style is and my machine has the turning radius of a freight train. I added the HD springs to the front and I think I set my pressures to 7 up front and 6 in the rears. I also played with the spring settings to see if I could get better turning but I pretty much settled on having to make three or four point turns while everyone else just turns and goes! haha I'll have to look but the main reason for staggered pressures is that I swapped my tires to Zillas and I have to have the pressures different so my tires will have the same diameters. I was actually a little shocked that they weren't the same. I didn't check the stock tires but am curious. I really like my 6x6 and it has a few disadvantages but way more advantages for our use.

·
Registered
Boss 800 6x6
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Its steerage was improve with the dumping of PSI from the center axle but we will need to do more. We thought we'd be towing a trailer over the weekend but the job didn't require us do that. Being skeptical of steerage with trailer, I added 50lbs to the front for this trip. Next I'll lesson the center axles tire PSI further AND I'll reduce the suspension springs preload there. Have any other people here addressed the steering thing?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello ArlyA

I did add a cable to all three of our Outlander 6x6. I’m just now back to cell service. I’ll send pictures and part numbers tonight. I bought the Polaris Big Boss 6x6 ones and drilled the end loops out to fit the CanAm. It has worked great on our 2020 and 2021.

mane I think it run a bit better with a Polaris part or two on it … lol. We divinely put the Outlander’s to the test this last week.
Tire Cloud Wheel Plant Sky

·
Registered
Boss 800 6x6
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Today I order the brp parts that the other fellow suggested. Nonetheless, would still like to see your cable setup... Have you made suspension adjustments to improve steerage??

41 - 60 of 100 Posts